Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - driver x or ?!?!?!
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
KGB_Ade

Quote:
Originally Posted by leif View Post
I'm rocking salomon malamutes in the park, salomon's stiffest boot. The change is a bit large considering I was using some very, very packed out ride orions (read: opposite of what I have now), but I like the feel of stiffer boots and I will get used to it.
For jumps and stuff you should be absolutely fine with tight boots, if anything they will add support. A more flexible boot will give you a little more play when you land, which can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation. Unless you like flinging methods out past your nose then stiff boots will be just fine. Jibbing is where you will run in to trouble with stiffer boots.
That's a great help guys. I too am gettin old (36) so the body ain't what it used to be. Might stick with my x's as they are super comfy and they look pretty sick aswell. No methods out past my nose. Ha. Those days are gone. Anyways have a great Christmas. Peace from Wales.