Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Info on Flying w/snowboards as Checked Baggage
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mosquitobug

I think its a good idea as long as a) you secure them so that they dont bash each other apart, and b) you have plenty of room in other luggage for bindings, boots, etc.

The last 2 posts remind me of 2 things:

1. TSA will be going through your bag. Keep all small items secured together in small bags or otherwise contained. I stuff my goggles into my boots, my gloves into my bindings, and my wax kit + tools all go into a zipped bag. You dont want something to fall out and not make it back in. Regardless of blame, this can be a huge inconvenience.

2. I keep the big flat boxes that my snowboards are shipped in when I buy them. I cut each end off, about 18" from the end. I slip these over the tip and tail of my board before strapping it down in the bag. This protects the ends of course, but also helps to keep the board from sliding around longways or sideways.

EDIT - one last thing, I wrap my jacket around my helmet to try to protect it from any hits during transport.
Mosquitobug is offline   Reply With Quote