Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Info on Flying w/snowboards as Checked Baggage
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusoweird View Post
I just flew continental. On my way to the slope, I was charged regular bag price. On my way back home, I was charged $100 for oversized bag. I think it is stupid since there was another guy that had golf club bag about twice my size and he didn't get charged oversized bag. The person at the counter said that I am only suppose to have snowboard, binding, boots. If I even put a pencil in the bag, it will be charged oversized bag because it is not COMPLETELY snowboarding equipment. WTF~! I had helmet, impact shorts, wrist guard, knee pads, which added few lbs and practically no size. They don't considered those item as equipments. I am already disputing this right now. My bag only weighted 37lbs. I think their rules are unfair and I have never encountered this problem before, even with continental. Southwest and Delta is always great.

So basicly if my bag was 49.9lbs but with only snowboard equipment in it. it would be considered a regular bag??? that's kind of retarded because my bag would be the same size but weighted more... why do they really care what else is in my bag as long as I meet the 50lbs requirement?
Sons of bitches they are! Seems ridonculously petty of them, good luck with your dispute.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1