Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help with choosing first board
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
lisevolution
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoOp4U
ummm, r u sure the manual compares to the artifact because the stats on romes site say the that the manual is a all mountain board. same price as crail. same stats as crail and similar description.

im am looking into my first board as in i am a beginner. thats what i mean is the Spi too stiff, i know its a freeride binding but is it too stiff to learn on. i can get the rx and ex pretty cheap.

Height- 6"
Weight- 220bs (im big )
Boot- Size 13 (have forum teams and you know what they say.... big feet means you have big hands... big hands mean you have .....LOL)

the slash is too much. this is going to be a christmas present... so ya. so lets say $600CADmax on setup

what i meant by "try" freestyle is after ive learnt to ride mountains (good form and stuff) although i think i see myself doing jumps and cruising down the mountain.

any ideas about the GNU CHB tho
Sorry you're right the Manual is the wide Crail, I was confusing it with the Machine...

The GNU CHB is a great board also in terms of learning... you won't be upset with either board. The CHB is a bit flexy with a more freestyle oriented nature but it'll do fine on the regular slopes as well. I like Rome, I ride a Flag 168 myself so I have tendency to lean in the Rome direction but GNU is a great company also.

In terms of the bindings I'd look into the Rome Arsenals or 390's. Since you are new I'm concerned the SPi's will be a bit too touchy while you're learning. The RX is essentially the same binding but has less bells and whistles and a slightly softer high back. You may want to look at the Delta MVMNT from Ride for something with a little less sensitivity...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote