Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Second day out = blown out knee

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  maf05r6 
G
#1 ·
out to Sugarloaf today with my friends. Was doing pretty good in a natural snow trail until I fell transitioning for heel side to toe side. Fell on my back and went to roll over when the tip of my snowboard sank into hard powder about 5 inches deep. Instead of just popping out it stuck while the rest of my body followed the momentum and tried to continue the cart wheel. The result: Dislocated patella and torn ACL. The ski patrol sleds are far from the funnest thing I have riden. My seasons done :(

G
#2 ·
Unlucky mate :-( did a similar thing a couple of years back an i can tell you it aint fun sitting on the sidelines watching your mates have all the fun in the snow. Chin up and spend your time watching all the latest videos so come next season you can teach your friends a thing or two!

G
#4 ·
I'm glad I didn't buy a season pass like everyone said I should. I'm mostly pissed that a) It's the beginning of the season and b) This isn't the first time I've blown out my knee, but it looks like its the worst.

G
#8 ·
Yea im talkin to the surgeon tomorrow and hes gonna let me know for sure. 2 surgery options for sure tho, one just to trim the flap 5-6 week recovery, other option is to stitch it back together and thats 5 weeks crutches and 8 weeks recovery. will no for sure tomorrow tho.

#9 ·
Really sorry to hear about your knee Marshmellow, just like SnowWolf said, take it slow, do all the rehab, and try to think positive, least you got your turns this year. When you get back on the board you'll be turning without even thinking about it how to do it pretty darn soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.