Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Bindings & Foot Pain

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  NYCboarder 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am a novice boarder and am just about to go on a trip to the mountains this week. Something that I remembered from last season was the pain I was having in my feet. Probably the #1 thing that really bothered me the entire time. Ive done a little bit of reading and found that something like a capstrap could help?

I have the Rome 390s and I think you can use the strap as a capstrap or a toestrap, I think... So would using the strap as a capstrap help my problem slightly or should I invest in another pair of straps. Would the burton capstrap be compatible with my binding?

I just really want to get rid of that foot pain somehow if that's possible.

Thanks!

#6 ·
I do have somewhat wide feet. I do not wear a "Wide" shoe but its a bit more wide than normal for sure.

edit- I just wore my boots and it seems like my foot it touching the tip of the boot within the liner. not sure if that's good.
I cant remember exactly where my feet hurt last season but If i had to guess, my toes or the sides of my feet.

#7 ·
It's almost definitely NOT a binding problem, and there's a 99.99999999999999999% chance that a cap strap won't fix the problem.

Your toes should barely touch the front of the liner.

Salomon makes wide size boots. My buddy wears wide shoes and his Motos would start hurting about 20 minutes into the day. I pointed him towards the Salomon Synapse, he got them, and he boarded all day with me Xmas eve.

#12 ·
Cap strap isn't going to do shit to fix your problem. You need to look into insoles, such as superfeet or a-lines. If those don't work, then you may want to look into new boots. If the combination of both of those don't work, then I would look into seeing a boot fitter & having custom orthotics made up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.