Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboarding Japan
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #56 (permalink)
bryantp

Default Snowboarding Japan

I work for the U.S. government and live on Yokota AB on the outskirts of Tokyo. It's a great gig!

With your Japanese skills, you will rock the house. Gaijins who speak Japanese get the best of all worlds...very nice.

I haven't ridden the Atomic boards...again, only a little over 5 years riding so somewhat limited experience. I bought my Lib Tech from eBay just to try out magnetraction cheaply. Wow...it's nice. I learned about the NS Summit on this site and have loved it. I'm not as fond of my first board, a Burton Canyon but it's a first board...what can you say.

Lift tickets run between 4 and 5,000 yen for all day tickets. What that is in dollars varies but usually it means between $35 and $55 dollars a day - cheaper than the U.S. by far.

Food at ski-jos is higher but lunch can still be had for under $15.

Tear it up. There are so many places and so much powder. The last 2 years were disappointing but this year looks good...everything goes in cycles. When all else fails, head north to Hokkaido...it's almost always good.
bryantp is offline   Reply With Quote