Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

sugarbush or jay peak

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Psi-Man 
#1 · (Edited)
so i will get free lift tickets for donating blood at my local hospital. which one should i get.

its my first season as a snowboarder, but i can do the "blacks" here in PA (camelback) without a problem, so im guessing the mountain that has more or less intermediate runs is better. I have always ski'd at Stowe but want to try something different this year.

EDIT: Just found out this is the entire list, jay peak isnt even on there lol oops
Smugglers Notch
Sugarbush
Gore
Greek Peak
Loon
Mountain Creek
Bromley
Shawnee
Blue Mountain
Jiminy Peak
Hidden Valley
Sugarloaf
Hunter Mountain

#2 ·
so i will get free lift tickets for donating blood at my local hospital. which one should i get.

its my first season as a snowboarder, but i can do the "blacks" here in PA (camelback) without a problem, so im guessing the mountain that has more or less intermediate runs is better. I have always ski'd at Stowe but want to try something different this year.

EDIT: Just found out this is the entire list, jay peak isnt even on there lol oops
Smugglers Notch YES
Sugarbush YES
Gore eh, No
Greek Peak God No
Loon eh, too far for not much
Mountain Creek If you take a freebee here you should be shot!
Bromley nah
Shawnee ugh
Blue Mountain oiy
Jiminy Peak nah
Hidden Valley not so much....Hidden Valley, PA?
Sugarloaf YES
Hunter Mountain no good
To rank em......
3. Sugarbush. Easiest to get to and gets decent snowfall(288 in/year), Good Vert (2600ft) only drawback is it is the smallest....(600 Acres)
2. Smuggs. Little further than Bush, similar snowfall and vert, but twice the acreage!
1. Sugarloaf- If you want to make a weekend of it, I'd suggest hitting-up the Loaf. Only above-tree riding in the east (unless you brave the face under the Tram at Jay). YOu have to hike up to it a bit, but its a pretty cool experience. The vert is a little bigger with 2800 ft and 1400 Acres. Only problem is that it gets the least amount of snow (200in). I think their snowiest months are march and, actually, april!

Never been to Smuggs or Bush (will do Sugarbush this year), but had a BLAST at Sugarloaf!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.