Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did I make the right choice? Please help!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 05:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
KReddy05

Default Did I make the right choice? Please help!!!

I'm a beginner, and have gone 4 times, but plan on hitting it more this season. I'm 26yo, 5'11, 200lbs (but norm around 190 lbs), and wear a size 11. I'm a Freeride type of person.

I just bought a Burton 2008 Custom 158, Burton Moto boots, and Flow Flite 2 bindings. Long story short, I got a really sweet deal on this stuff, but I wanted to know if I made the right choice with the 158? I know heavy riders are supposed to get longer boards, but they say beginners should go with shorter boards. I MIGHT be able to go back and get a 162, but not sure if I should???

Also, should I get the Burton Hail boots or stick with the Moto? I tried the Moto and they felt better (softer) to me and seemed easier get in/out of with the quick lace system. But then again, the Hail felt stiffer and less flexible which I've been told is better for control for newer riders. Both had minimal heel lift for me.

Decisions, decisions!

FYI, here are the specs for the Burton Custom:

158 - Up to 180 lbs - Width 249
162 - Up to 190 lbs - Width 251
166 - Up to 210 lbs - Width 253

THANKS for the help!!!