Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Socks I love
Thread: Socks I love
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 04:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
bryantp

Default Socks I love

I owe an apology. The link for backcountry discounts was broken. Here's the new link! At this moment, it's working.

There's seems to be some confusion as to why I recommend these socks. I've ridden with nothing be SmartWool for years. They are cheaper. Yes, other socks are cheaper still. Hell, K-Mart probably still sells some for 3 for $5. If they work for you - awesome.

These are for folks like me with strange feet. Mine are very wide. That means that many socks just don't fit well. By the end of the day, they bunch up and collapse my toes, creating all sorts of hitches in my getalong.

So, I was perusing Ski Magazine one day (go figure - they give me subscriptions sometimes) and saw that they now made toe socks for skiing. I thought that if they worked in the torture devices otherwise known as ski boots, they might work for me. I ordered a pair.

The difference in how my feet felt at the end of the day was incredible.

I don't recommend these socks to you if you're totally happy with what you have. I'm not an evangelist or a salesman. But, if your dogs are howling at the end of the day, they may just be worth a try. Painfree is worth a lot more than $35 to me.

BTW, I now have 3 pairs.
bryantp is offline   Reply With Quote