Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Good goggles

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  milner_7 
#1 ·
Well i was like for some goggles around 70-100 dollar range. i would prefer if they where tinted or mirrored but i don't know anything about goggles :dunno:

#4 ·
Go try a bunch on before you decide. Some good rules of thumb are:

0. Make sure you can see out of them properly (good field of view, clean lens, right kind of lens(es) you need, no weird optical effects, etc)
1. Make sure it fits your face properly (that there aren't any gaps where the padding/gasketing touches your face
2. Make sure that it fits your nose properly (that WHEN PROPERLY SEATED ON YOUR FACE so that you have maximum vision/view, the notch at the bottom doesn't squeeze the bridge of your nose to where breathing is more difficult)
3. Make sure that they fit properly along with any other gear you will wear (helmet, mask, etc)

#6 ·
I have some Oakley A-Frames that I love. They are much better than my old Scott's ever were. I've never had them fog, FOV is super, and they are way cozy. And this is from a guy who only wore sunglasses unless there was a blizzard around me.

#7 ·
Although they don't fit your criteria the Oakley A frames are awesome. I have the polarized version. I can't believe how much better I can see out them when compared to my Oakley O's and the smiths I have. I got them on sale from Back Country for $120 bucks. As the other poster said they don't fog up either, which is a problem with both the other googles I mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.