Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Old guy learning to snowboard w/his kids
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

From what I have been reading it was easier to ride in icy conditions. Most of the hills here are man made and ice up fast.
The Magna Traction seems to be new promising technology to help new riders. I am currently borrowing a Lib Tech and I really like the ride. Nothing to judge it against obviously, but my times out I have been getting better and better on the hills. I can ride switch, heel-side turn while switch but toe-side switch turns still needs some work

Again this is all from just reading, no real world experience, that is why I posed the question from those that know more/better than I. Plus I wanted a board I can grow into. Price is a factor but it seems a mid-level board is in this range, plus I have a buddy that can get me 20% off at the local shop.

Even though I'm older I'm very athletic and active in sports. Now that my family is into this sport for winter I can honestly say 2x a week would be regular if not sometimes 3x a week. The hill is close to our house in SE Wisconsin.

Thanks for any/all advice
-Slyder
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote