Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Where to stay in Utah 3rd week of Feb

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  david_z 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm planning a trip out to west and I'm thinking of staying local to Park City and the Canyons since I don't plan on renting a car. Where's an inexpensive decent place to stay? I'd like to check out other resorts but I don't know if I wanna swing the dough to rent a 4x4.

I'll probably be arriving either a Tuesday or a Wednesday. I've been trying to do some research but I don't think my search skills are up to par.

I don't know if it's cheaper to find groceries and find a place with a kitchen to save $$ on eating out or saving $$ on lodging to afford eating out. If it was 4 or more people I'd pick a place with a kitchen but since it's just two of us I'm not sure what would be the best route not to mention I would end up having to rent a vehicle to go grocery shopping anyway.

Anyone have any hookups for lodging for two? :laugh:

G
#3 ·
Rent a car, stay and Sandy or Midvale, pick up lift tickets from Canyon Sports, and drive up (or take the bus from a park & ride) to the LCC/BCC resorts. It is still going to be a lot cheaper than going to PC.

G
#5 ·
I've stayed at Homewood Suites in Midvale on Fort Union Blvd (if you follow up this road, it is the same road that will turn into the road that goes into Solitude/Brighton. Along this road is Canyon Sports to pick up cheap lift tickets. Suite style rooms with full kitchen. Stayed for around $100 a night depending on promos.

If you need to go to PC, its about a 30-40 minute drive from here.

#7 ·
super 8 is the best place but im pretty sure they dont have kitchenettes .. however every style of food is within 3 blocks of that place ( including a grocery store).. get a shuttle from the airport to the super8 and take the bus to solitude brighton or snowbird.. walk to food .. youll never need a car

I ride weds thurs and sundays for sure .. all the other days are maybe maybe not .. need a ride to solitude or brighton on those three days let me know

#8 ·
I was hoping to check out the other resorts in the area and it seems that rental for an suv/4x4 is around $800?!?! :eek: That's crazy. I might as well sleep in that thing. I guess I can rent an econobox and hope the two boards fit in there if they have folding seats.

Which Hotel 8 is it exactly? Is there an address available?

My concern is not being able to hit the other resorts if it dumps. I guess I'm starting to get picky now...lol

I'll take a motel/hotel jacuzzi/pool and rent an econobox I suppose. :dunno:

#13 ·
Thanks for the responses everyone. Looks like I'll be staying at the super8 and renting a 4x4. The jacuzzi looks pretty small in the pics but for the price you can't go wrong.

I'm going with a friend of mine and she can handle the blues pretty well out here on the east coast, but they're not Vermont blues more like catskill blues. She's been to Whistler/Blackcomb and wanted to kill me when we took 3 lifts to get to the top. She was like "You mean we're not at the top yet?!?!" :laugh: She handled it pretty well though, not bad for her 10th day after learning to ride. Any suggestions on which mountain we should hit up that she can warm up to before we hit the 'bigger' resorts?

I've been to Snowbird in 99 and PC and the Canyons in 04. Canyons being my favorite just for the natural terrain. I'm more of a freeride person who never really goes into the park. Just some natural jumps here and there.

I can't wait to get out there. :D

BTW thanks burritosandsnow for the offer on the ride!! Kudos bro. :thumbsup:

G
#14 ·
haha i'm going to be staying at the super 8 in midvale during the 3rd week of feb too! (wed- sunday) I did a lot of research on places to stay around SLC, and super 8 definitely seems like the best, and more importantly, cheapest option available

G
#15 ·
I'm with some of the others.. Stay in Sandy or Midvale - even some spots downtown. Some of the property managers are hurting and you might get a crazy deal right now. To get the most days of skiing in if you are renting gear, rent from a place that has enough locations that you can leave it at the resort in Park City before heading to the airport.. or one that has a shop downtown and on the way to all of Utah's resorts. Ski 'N see has about 10 shops and discount lift tix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.