Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Any personal experiences with Never Summer boards?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
gearmeout

Default Any personal experiences with Never Summer boards?

Hi guys, since I'm new here, I'll start with a proper intro about me as a rider:

Name: J.K.B.
Height: 5'6" (I lean towards a 156 board)
Weight: 150 in the summer cycling season and 155-165 depending on how many holiday dinners I've had during the winter months.
Riding Style: All mountain freeride, I try not to embarass myself in the park.
Riding Experience: early intermediate stages (once or twice a year for the last 5 years).

I'm looking to do a lot more boarding in the coming years, so I've finally decided to purchase my own gear. I got fitted for boots and found a really good deal on 06/07 Burton P1s (really liked the Union Force MC /drool, but way outta my budget), so my attention has shifted to finding a board that suits my style.

I'm currently looking at either the Burton Custom X or a Never Summer Titan, both are priced in roughly the same range. I've also considered the Lib Tech Dark Series w/ Magne Traction, but that's more of a freestyle board.

I've also found a pretty good deal on an 06/07 Burton T6, but I'm afraid that might be too much board (unforgiving) for my up-and-coming riding abilities.

I figure a Burton would be the safe bet, but I'm really compelled by some of the stories I've heard about Never Summer, just looking to see if any SF members can weigh in with personal experiences.

Thanks,
JKB

Last edited by gearmeout; 12-11-2007 at 11:05 PM.