Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - anti virus/spyware?
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
kysnowboarder

This weekend I had to delete c drive and start over because a trojan that was giving out my financial information over the internet and the virus software couldn't seem to remove it.

Tuesday night I had some sort of pop up about malware show up. I clicked the button that said closed instead of the x on the windows box, the next thing I knew something was downloading on my computer tailing me I had all of this male ware, then AVG suddenly popped up and told me I had a trojan, this time it was able to remove the trojan.

Tonight I had a random pop up asking me to download a pdf file, I hit the x this time and it went away.

The last two events happened while I was on this website, i am not sure how I picked up the first Trojan. I didn't know there was a problem until my bank called me about the fraudulent activity on my credit card. I wish people could find ways to make an honest living....

I don't have any suggestions to give. It was easy to delete the c drive, but took for ever get everything reinstalled...
kysnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote