Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Progression in the Park
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
VAhasnoWAVES

all you can really do is charge it. your snowboarding, so id assume your able bodied. its a mental block holding you back. spend some time looking at your take of and landing. how much speed are you going to need? where do you think you should pop? where do you intend to land? is it flat? a tranny? and your going to fall... everyone does. knowing how to fall is important to avoid serious injury, but so is knowing when to call it quits. and when you fall try to understand why you did. correct and reatempt.

i think videos are helpful to an extent. you can study to body language, approaches, and such... but i think they are really just good for getting stoked.

and be social. i like going with a group of similarly minded friends. even if not, there should be plenty of people out there just looking to push ya to the next level. and youd be surprised how many cute chicas might know what they are doing too.