Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Am I a fool for liking step ins over strap bindings ??

• Yes you would look like a TOOL !!

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No it isnt that uncommon !!

Votes: 5 27.8%

what type of bindings should I use

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  SchultzLS2 
#1 ·
Okay I rented the first few times I went out this year . I must say I liked the step ins way more than the actual strap bindings . I dont know why , but I found it easier to walk around with that metal rod at the bottom of my boot , and then just step into my board . I am a bit of a husky guy , and I found it hard to constantly bend down to strap the bindings in my second time around . Am I a total TOOL wanting to buy the step ins instead of the straps ?? I have noticed that when I am out there I see 97% people with the strap bindings . Also is it going to be hard for me to fix issues with my board/boots if I do the step ins ???

G
#2 ·
have you looked into buying flow bindings? they are somewhat of a step-in in the fact that you dont strap in, you adjust the straps ahead of time to fit your boot, then the hiback comes down and you kick your boot in. Once your in you just flip the hiback up and go.

G
#3 ·
there should come a point where the control and feel of straps outweigh the convenience factor but, obviously your mileage may vary.

it is a personal preference so, no, i don't think you are a tool - you may just not be using the best tool for the job.

alasdair

G
#6 ·
It's not that you'd look like a tool, i found that they just arent the same. I'm an instructor and i have friends that have step ins. If you mean the ones with the clips on the bottom of the boot, dont do it! My friend Shawn had his board come off twice on the lift (luckily right when he first got on) last time he went with me and had to run down the hill. The kind with the strap over top of the boot and the back that just clips up isn't as bad but i just never used a good pair, only rental equipment for a week when my bindings broke, however i didnt really like the feel that might have just been riding a rental board and everything though.

#7 ·
u should look into flow bindings its a combination of the ease of step in but it still utilizes straps although im personally not a fan. different strokes for different folks.

i anwsered you'd look like a tool but only because that was the only other option to step in:dunno:

G
#8 ·
I own the Flow NXT ATSE 2010 series bindings. They have an aluminum base for extreme stability and durability and they are step-ins. The newer model flows also have the option to use them as a strap-in which will benefit in certain conditions. I love them and I'm about to get another board by lib tech so I can get the Scotty Lago M9 series bindings to put on that board. I love them and they are very comfortable. I dont feel any pressure points on a certain part of my foot. The 3d power strap on the flows apply equal pressure all over. Personal pref though but check them out. Another thing to remember is, there have been a lot of great reviews on the higher end(costly) models; but, a few negative reviews n the lower end. try to get a higher end if financially possible. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.