Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Rossignol One Mag compared to NS F1-R

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  arsenic0 
#1 ·
So this past Saturday night my friend let me take his Rossignol One Mag for a burn. Now I have been riding a K2 WWW for the last few seasons and have become super comfortable on it and im not a park rat, mainly an all mountain guy hitting jumps occasionally. So first thing i notice is riding this thing is like riding a 2"x12", i mean the thing is super stiff compared to my WWW. The board is really fast though which i found to be nice but it just lacked the fun and snappiness that my WWW has. So i been thinking about buying a new board and something a little more all mountain and the NS f1-r seems to be pretty boss but im wondering if its going to be as stiff as the One Mag. Anyone who has ridden both for some input would be great. Thanks

#3 ·
I haven't tested it myself, but I think the Ride Machete is supposed to be pretty decent on the slopes while still being fairly "playful" if you will. They put a rocker on it, too (if that matters to you).
From my understanding, the NS F1-R would be pretty stiff compared to your WWW (and I want an F1-R... I wants it bad :p)

#4 ·
Yeah, the F-1 is a really stiff board. I am primarily a freeride guy, but I've been working on some more freestyle stuff. I still have my board that I learned on which is a pure park board, so I wanted something more all-mountain with my new board. I went with a NS Heritage. I'm still adjusting to the stiffness. It's awesome at speed, but I'm still struggling to get height on ollies and the like. I know it's not the board though. I've let a buddy take a couple of runs on it and he's popping 3 foot ollies like it's nothing. It'll take a little time, but I'll get there. He's trying to find a used Heritage on CL right now.

#5 ·
He's trying to find a used Heritage on CL right now.
One of the perks of living in CO i suppose. All they have out here on CL are old ass pre-2000 Burton boards and a bunch of like ancient Sims boards with snap in bindings..

And they want like 50-100 bucks usually, its quite hilarious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.