Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - choosing a new board - need some NS advice
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
tyomak

Default choosing a new board - need some NS advice

Hello everyone,

I did some searching on this forum and got some mixed feelings regarding the boards I'm looking at so why I decided to post.

I currently ride a Titan TX 161 and am 6', 185lbs, size 12 shoe. Titan is a great board and I will still ride it, but I'm looking for something a bit more flexible with better pop as well as being a bit lighter. I'm not looking to go into the park for the whole day but prefer to ride the whole mountain on black diamond steeper runs as well as some tree runs and hit jumps along the way. The new board should be able to handle higher speeds and hold an edge well. I ride as much as possible out here in VT and MA, the terrain, 90% of the time is hard packed and can be icy at times, with only a few days of powder.

The boards I'm currently looking at are:

NS Legacy-R
NS Revolver-R
k2 slayblade wide
lib dark ride wide

Length would be 158-159.

My first choice would be the Revolver-R but I read on here in a post that it may not handle speed well on choppy terrain. Could you guys comment on the above as to what board you'd recommend and why? I want to stick with NS. I'm not sure how Legacy would compare to the Titan either both stiffness/dampness and weight wise.

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your replies.