Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - need to decide on a new board
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
BeanTheBassist

Default need to decide on a new board

i get to pick out a new snowboard for my birthday, so ive been doiing lots of research. the only mountain i really go to(i have a season pass) is the summit at snoqualmie. if you dont already know, its pretty small, and the only worthwhile place to spend time if your an intermediate snowboarder is the park, because every other run is easy and short. therefore, im looking for a pretty soft board that can jib and do jumps, but has a pretty good carving ability for the days i visit other mountains ( about 5-6 times a year). im really into the idea of reverse camber, and it sounds like the way to go. im about 5'4, weigh 100 lbs, and wear a size 10 boot. keep in mind that i am in the middle of a growth spurt, so i need some growing room. i plan on buying local, because im good friends with the owner of a local shop, and he can get a shipment of a board and cut me a discount. my current board is a 145W burton small. note that he is super against burton boards, so they are not really an option (he calls them "walmart boards" lol). the boards i have looked at are: the arbor draft 2010 153, the gnu park pickle 150, the salamon salvatore sanchez 150, and some capita boards. sorry for writing all this and being a bother, but any advice would be very helpful. thanks so much