Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Feelgood V-Rocker and Lipstick
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
boarderaholic

Default Burton Feelgood V-Rocker and Lipstick

So Burton came out over the weekend for a demo so I figured I would take a couple of their boards out for a spin. I took out the Feelgood V-Rocker and Lipstick both in the 151/152 sizing.

My stats are
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 120
Boot size: Salomon Optima 6
Bindings: Burton Lexa
Style: Aggressive freerider
Terrain
Crusty with icy patches in between

For the Feelgood V-Rocker:
I'm really disappointed in the Feelgood. The board felt dead and blah. For an aggressive freeride board, I'm surprised that it didn't hold an edge worth a dickens. I typically have no problems holding a line on my Capita Space Metal Fantasy even through the cruddy/crusty crap our hill typically has. The board itself was responsive, but it seemed to be lacking the fun factor to it. It didn't make me want to spend my money, so to speak.

Lip-stick 152:
Again, not a bad board. It was a little funner, but not by alot. It held a line a little better and had a more lively feel to it, but again, it just didn't feel like it was all there.

As for the Lexa: They're pretty nifty bindings, very comfortable. They're perfect for the weekend warrior or for someone who already knows what they want to do, and how they want to do it.

So far, that's it for now. The Burton guys are heading out to the mountains soon, so hopefully I will be able to catch up with them and have a slightly more comprehensive review in the future.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote