Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Nitro team for pow?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ianxcom 
#1 ·
I obviously refer to the other thread here about the Custom. The truth is that I am really torn between these two boards, and cant make my mind.
Here I am looking for an all mountain board, my first board, reliable and solid, to keep for the next few years, a board which i cant outgrow. A board allowing me to carve precisely and tightly, get fast and being stable at the same time, and also a board able to give me fantastic time off-piste and in the powd. I am not interested in park, but from time to time I'd like my board to allow me there. So I am looking for an all mountain.
What made me think is that on Nitro website it seems that the Team is a Freestyle board ,more than an all mountain, so I thought it might not perform well on the powd... I am 5'11'' 150lb and thinking to get the Nitro Team 159 or the Custom 158.
do you think the Team is comparable to Custom? How Nitro team and Custom compare in terms of:
carving
stability on speed
pow
?
thanks in advance

#2 ·
You can ride anything in pow. I took my k2 www non rocker in pow and had a blast.

However. After taking a rocker board out on a fresh pow day i dont ever wanna ride another traditional camber boardthrough pow ever again. So much more fun when you dont have to lean back as much. That being said i would try the nitro gullwing(reverse camber) or T1(zero camber) if you want nitro. Custom v rocker for burton.

I took my signal park rocker out on a fresh powder day and while it sucked at full speed on chop/groomers it excelled way better than my friends burton vapor in the pow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.