Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - De-tuning? Bevels? Angles? What?
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
sook

Unless this deck is going to be spending damn near all its time sliding around on rails, I wouldn't detune. Detuning will drastically reduce your boards performance in other parts of the mountain. Plus, once you detune, its hard to get a decent edge back for other types of riding. When I get a new board, I only detune the tips and the tails and NOT the effective edge. The tips and tails don't need a sharp edge on them. If you really get into park riding, you can change the base bevel of the board but for now, go ride it as is and change the edges based on the type of riding you like the most.

As far as waxing, I usually wax a brand new board regardless of where it came from. You can get a fresh hot wax, but I don't think its absoultely essential to your enjoyment of your new deck. Since you aren't doing it yourself, get it waxed when you can. You should probably watch the instructional vids on this forum and learn to wax it yourself. Its pretty easy and a good skill to have.

Last edited by sook; 02-04-2010 at 04:50 PM.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote