Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Camber's bad right?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Camber is not bad...all the various tech/design stuff is just a tool for a job. Depending of the job you want to do...matching the tech will make it "supposedly" easier. For years, all mtn boards...in fact all boards had camber except the first few plywood boards.

Quit obsessing about the minutiae of the design and tech...at least 85% is about the skills...if you got or develop the skills you can make anything work...hell you don't even need bindings to snowboard.

You sound like my oldest son 33, who used to live in Seattle, was a dot com jockey...he would obsess about the tech and having all the right...expensive equipment...and the last time I rode with him he was blaming the board for his lack of skills. We (his sister 15 and I) ended up just ditching him...we just told him to keep up ... he couldn't and we didn't have to hear his bitchin.

Oops...sorry for the rant...its a family thing...you are probably a very nice guy...just get something at least intermediate or more ... and getting on the hill is the important part. And if you come north on a Sat., pm me and I gladly spend some time and get you going.