Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - new back to snowboarding
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
BrianBlueMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic3_qu33n View Post
hello. im a shorter bigger girl. im about 5 3 and 195 right now. i bought a new 5150 159cm vice 08 board, with k2 indy bindings, and burton womens casa boots.

overall its been an ok ride so far. seems a little big for my height. im working on snowboarding as much as i can so i can help lose some of this weight ive gained recently. it really seems i need a shorter board, turning seems to be whats hurting me most right now and where my falls happen at....

any recommendations?
im not too knowledgeable on the subject but what makes a girls board a girls board has alot to do with weight of the person. They girls boards are not as ridged cause in general girls are light 110-135 lbs if your fit and they work well for light people. Guys boards are made much stiffer and stronger cause we tend be be much bigger and heavier. Im 5'11" and 180 lbs and i have a 159. Your board size is good for your weight but i understand your height is short. I would assume say if u were fit you would be 120 lbs say. maybe get a guys board fit for a 120 lb person. it will be stronger and shorter. i am not 100% sure but thought i would throw that opinion out there. I would look into a mens 147-149. that 159 is way to long for you IMO

Last edited by BrianBlueMT; 02-07-2010 at 04:42 PM.