Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Gurus Please help!!
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Boardski

Quote:
Originally Posted by gucho View Post
So im really diggin the libtechs, im really licking the dark series from what I have read, BUT i have a question that I know some of you would be able to answer for me.
Does the Banana technolongy really have a effect as for more effective turning?? I mean if the tip is elevated just beyond the plane of the board wouldnt that make for less effective turning?? because the tip would not be making contact??
thoughts?>??

Also what do you guys think of the dark series as an all mt board??
Thanks for the input guys!!!
To answer both of your questions, The dark series is a killer all mountain board. I've rode it everywhere possible and it excels at all. The other questions about effective edge, Yes banana allows for a more effective edge. If you think about a normal cambered board, it's cambered between your feet which means to things, the board is raised up off of the snow and you only have two contact points (tip and tail). with the reverse camber between your feet, when you put the board on edge, you're already getting full contact with the snow. Add Magnetraction into the mix and you have a recipe for superior edge hold.
Boardski is offline   Reply With Quote