Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park City Area 2/15 thru 2/22
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
and dave I may or may not jumpon a spur of the moment canyons ticket but if you decide on Brighton gimmie a shout .... powmow and snowbaisin have had crappy years if you to venture out and need steeps id go with solitude or snowbird
Just checking the 10-day forecast and it looks like shit. About 38 degrees and sunny. I guess it could be worse, but f*cking christ is it too much to ask for one decent powder day? I've been flying from DTW to resorts all over the continent for the better part of a decade now...

We arrive around noon on Monday, so I'm thinking of hitting PowMow for the twilight 3pm pass ($15) just to get a few hours warm up. On Sunday we check out, but our flight home isn't till monday AM, so we might book-end the trip at PowMow for another twilight ride if we got any legs left at that point...

We've got 8 tickets to PCMR between the 4 of us that we'll probably burn pretty early, like Tuesday/Wednesday hoping to avoid crowds by riding there midweek. After that, Thursday thru Saturday I could be persuaded to ride anywhere in the area. What's best on Saturdays in terms of avoiding the dreaded crowds?

Anyways, I'm working up an itinerary now and based on your advice, so I'll add at least one day at either Brighton/Solitude/Snowbird. If you're down to ride Brighton, I'll either commandeer our minivan and meet you up there, and leave the rst of my group in PC, or convince them that it's in their best interest to venture out of the city.

This is kinda what I'm looking at right now:

Monday
Arrival around lunch time. Get rental car. Find something for lunch. Consider ~4hrs of riding at PowMow for $15. That's a bargain and we should get some daylight left, too. Ride until 7 and we can get back in the car and get to PC in time to go out for the night.

Tuesday
PCMR

Wednesday
Solitude/Brighton/Snowbird

Thursday
PCMR
Anthony arrives in the afternoon so we need to stay local to meet him when he arrives, and use the rest of my vouchers to PCMR.

Friday
Canyons

Saturday

Solitude/Brighton/Snowbird

Sunday

PowMow for more twilight $15 night riding, legs permitting. Or, just sleep.
david_z is online now   Reply With Quote