Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lib-Tech Dark Series C2 BTX vs. Gnu Altered Genetics BTX
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
billygold18

Default Freeride/All Mountain Scream Machine (w/ Magnetraction)

I am looking for a freeride/all mountian scream machine that has speed and aggression, but is still playful, capable of switch riding (probably a twin directional) and backcountry kickers. I do dabble in the park once in a while, but mostly stick to shredding black/double-black terrain, mog runs, tree explorations, and backcountry. I am in the Northeast, and am dead set on buying a board with Magnetraction.

I am considering the Lib-tech Dark Series C2 BTX and the Gnu Altered Genetics BTX. I am 5,11", weight 182lbs, and wear a size 10 Burton boot. I am debating between a 158 or 161 Dark Series (Flex 7.5) and a 159 or 162 Altered Genetics (Flex 7). Which size do I get? I rode a 159 Skate Banana, and found it a bit lacking on acceleration and speed; however that board had a flex of 6. So will a stiffer board correct the acceleration and speed?

If I decide to go cheaper, how do other Lib-Tech or Gnu boards stand up to the two I am considering. Also, I am considering the Rome 390 or the Rome Targa bindings. Any thoughts on those?

Thank you all for your time!

Last edited by billygold18; 02-11-2010 at 09:12 AM.
billygold18 is offline   Reply With Quote