Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - stolen board. depressed. what to do?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Slinky
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepstealer View Post
My board was stolen. A brand new 2009 Rome Agent 158. I'm fairly sure this was around my twelfth day riding this year. I was riding at Whiteface in upstate New York. For any of you who have had their boards stolen, I'm sure you can sympathize with me. Why would someone do this? Most likely profit. I highly doubt that the culprits would choose to risk riding at the same resort they stole it from. I waited around for an hour at the base glancing at other snowboards, hoping to spot mine amongst them.

It really is strange. I feel like someone's died in my family. Your board really does become a part of you. You learn to anticipate its workings as it meshes with your style. I am sad.

Sorry, that was my vent.

In other news...I am now on the market again for a new board. I hope my monologue can hopefully influence some of you to help a brotha out (a broke college brotha that is). I ain't lookin for a handout, but if any of you come across any kind of snowboard deal involving a board similar to a Rome Agent (primarily park board, between 155-158). Or, if anyone's hoping to part ways with a slightly used board, please send me a PM.

I love to snowboard, need it. Alas...it is an expensive addiction and this crime has depressed me, psychologically and financially.

I'm gonna put in "Neverland" now, wrap myself in a blanket, sip on some red wine and slowly get drunk watching glorious Ettal powder-shots and Travis Rice double corks. Thanks for listening.
that totally sucks man! I ride whiteface quite a bit...where did you have your board? I'm always worried mines going to get lifted, i need to invest in a lock before i go next time! I think thats on my agenda for my trip to plattsburgh tonight.

post up pics and i'll keep an eye out for it.
Slinky is offline   Reply With Quote