Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Company Makes the Best Snowboards, & Why?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #53 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zumiezrep24
for one burton did NOT invent snowboarding... it started with a GIRL skiier, cant remember names and she was getting good and her father made it a challenge for her by welding 2 edges of the skis together... people did this for a season or 2. that got lame. THEN, Tom Burton or whoever came out with the snurfer, after about 3 years of that or so idk how long and several peoples attempts he PERFECTED the IDEA of a SNOWBOARD! BURTON did NOT INVENT SNOWBOARDING! some burtons suck big monkey nuts and others are good. but yet again it only comes down to your preference, whatever you are comftorble riding on is up to you. every company is the best for something, no company can ever be overall the greatest company. the reason why burton is so big is bcus they were ONE of the FIRST snowboards to come out and they stuck in there, there team shaun white (who is a massive prick) hanna teeter, and the list continues. they bought out forum last year and so now they own forum and jeenyus. 2 of burtons board and binding designers and engineers quit burton and now own the company everyone now knows of as ROME! i am not a burton fan but i will admit that burton has a couple of good boards depending on what you are looking to do such as jibbing, rails, jumps, backcountry, or just learning. every company has a good board for all that. but my top 5 fav brands are forum, ride, capita, rome, and technine. look them up if u have never heard of them... also look up stepchild theyre supposed to be amazing along with technine. if you can find them or their bindings anywhere besides online ill give u a cookie.
And the thread resurrection of the day award goes to...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote