Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Mid Atlantic talk...

17K views 288 replies 9 participants last post by  pmoa 
#1 ·
Well we have no regional sections and we seem to create a new thread for every resort, or just take some threads wayyyyy of topic (like scheduling a 7 springs trip in the wintergreen thread, HAHA).

Anyways i figured since we have so many riders from or board in VA, MD, WV and PA we could kind of keep it all together (and maybe get a sticky if this actually works? just a suggestion...)

so lets get to it!

Wisp is blowing and say that have a 12/1 opening but its 54 and raining. there wabcams look terrible so i dont see how they are going to open.

right now, 7springs isnt looking much better. i still hope to roll up with dcp on saturday but its not looking good right now.

liberty and whitetail havnt even begun blowing yet :(

snowshoe has the most open terrain but unfortunately its the furthest away for most of us.

G
#108 ·
i'd love to hit up the springs this weekend, but i'm broke again :(

i'll let you know if the situation changes before then. would you be down for the springs either friday or saturday...if i can get the funds together?

G
#110 ·
Dcp584 said:
How do you have no bindings???
i sold some nxt flows and havent gotten to replace them yet. I was going to pick them up monday but totally forgot while I was trying on new gear... I suck, I did nothing all day too...

If Springs does happen I would def would be down. I'll even give somebody $30 in gas money so I don't have to drive... That should be enough for funds ;) But I would have to be back to work my graveshift by 9pm... like at ashburn by 9pm. Earliest I could leave is 7am

This is for both saturday or friday

G
#111 ·
here's friday's rates:

Day Session 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. or Twilight Session 1 p.m. - close $39
All Day $44
Night Session 4:30 p.m. - close $30

here's the rates for the weekend:

Day Session 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. or Twilight Session 1 p.m. - close $50
All Day $55
Night Session 4:30 p.m. - close $30

if we go friday i can't leave my house till 8am...so we wouldn't get there till probably noon. i could leave as early as need be on saturday though.

#113 ·
friday would work better for me but i understand you have time constraints. are you set on springs? what do the local mtns conditions look like? we can definitely get more riding time and less travel time if we stay more local. your thoughts?

G
#114 ·
well, being that i just went to liberty yesterday & rode on their two trails of hardpacked frozen granules, and being that the springs has sixteen open trails & is currently getting actual snow, i'd really rather hit up the springs.

i understand the distance though, so i guess i'm up for whatever.

and friday works for me, but like i said, i couldn't leave my house till 8.

#116 ·
N~R~G said:
seven springs...

liberty...

point taken. well if we go springs would you be ok with driving? my car is less than legal in PA (i will have this taken care of by the VT trip). i'll pitch in for gas and tolls.

what time would you have to be back on friday?

i know i'm being a pain, sorry. friday is just more convenient for me cause the wife works. going when she works takes less time away from the "us time" that she likes so much. :D

G
#120 ·
Could I tag along for this trip? I live in South Riding, but work in Ashburn graveshift but I get off around 7am. I should probably go pick up my bindings today... Oh on another note I can get back pretty late friday night as I don't have to be in to work until 11pm...

someone call me with the details

Five71 Two16 six189

just so it doesnt come up when someone googles my #...

G
#121 ·
can you get off work? if we ride till close we won't be getting home (to va) till 1ish.

also, my car really only fits 3 + boards. it could fit 4, but i have to put one of the seats down for the boards, so the two in the back would be pretty cramped.

#122 ·
You guys suck. I wanna go but I gotta WORK. Granted I have been off for the past 5 days and my knee is a little f'd up but that doesn't mean I don't want to go riding. Why can't I just be independently wealthy and just do what ever I want.

G
#123 ·
N~R~G said:
can you get off work? if we ride till close we won't be getting home (to va) till 1ish.

also, my car really only fits 3 + boards. it could fit 4, but i have to put one of the seats down for the boards, so the two in the back would be pretty cramped.
yeah I am going to come in early on saturday so I can come in late around 1ish. I am 5'6" and 126 lbs so I am not very big... We can take my car if it helps. I've got a subaru forester with a 60/40 fold down but I guess that puts us in the same spot...

G
#124 ·
well, TJ is completely whipped, err...i mean out. ;)

so no more issue of too many people. would it be cool to maybe meet at the ashburn/sterling walmart parking lot, or would you guys rather not leave your car there all day? i guess i could pick you both up from home, but s.riding is a bit out of the way from where we need to go (i think). if you'd rather not leave your cars at walmart, could we maybe all meet at one house? either mooz's or drrice's?

G
#125 ·
N~R~G said:
well, TJ is completely whipped, err...i mean out. ;)

so no more issue of too many people. would it be cool to maybe meet at the ashburn/sterling walmart parking lot, or would you guys rather not leave your car there all day? i guess i could pick you both up from home, but s.riding is a bit out of the way from where we need to go (i think). if you'd rather not leave your cars at walmart, could we maybe all meet at one house? either mooz's or drrice's?
im down for whatever, I just need to get my car packed before I go to work. Call me with an address or whatever. I'm pretty sure walmart might tow or something if we leave the cars there all day. We could meet up at my work. It's a closed site and the cars will definately be safe and under surveillance with security... I work near the ice rink in ashburn if we could meet there. If not I am willing to meet at ur house NRG. Or mooz. Either works.

What time are we leaving? I am leaving my house right now to go get my pants, gloves, and bindings. Because they are scattered across the earth. Someone give me a call with details so I know wether i have to load my car tonight or if i can come home from work tomorrow and do it.

G
#126 ·
walmart won't tow...i've slept in walmart parking lots many a time :D

but meeting up at your work is good for me...just PM us with the exact spot. is that cool with you Mooz?

and yeah, i'd pack your car tonight just so you're good to go.

i can leave my house by 8:00, so i'll be to the ice house by 8:15ish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.