Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

#849 ·
Hi, I`m from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I`m here because I want to know more about snowboarding, like what to buy, where to go, and just finding out info basically.

I don`t ride yet but want to start, but have no clue where to start. If anyone has any tips feel free to respond!
there's a bunch of people here on the forum who can help you out - for specific questions (or even more general newbie ones) try to post a thread in one of the specific categories; this thread is for general introductions. Anyways, ask away - everyone here is pretty cool for the most part :)

#850 ·
Hello to all. I have been browsing this forum for a while and it is a wealth of useful knowledge and tips. I live in western Norway and am boarding as much as I can, but at least 10 days per month, almost only on weekdays if I can help it ( I am luck to have a good working roster), in and around the various spots we have here. I am also very lucky to love within 45mins - 90 mins of 3 or 4 decent spots, and a few more hours to some great stuff. Just had an awesome week this week in Hemsedal on powder and off piste, avoiding the crowds, followed by a very average icy saturday at another spot! But at least I can always just go home if its crap and come back another day. I am another goofy rider, horrible in the park, but love it in the free mountain, especially when the powder comes. I used to be a skier, but found my way onto a board about 6 years ago and love it. I may go back to some skis one day, but not for a while. For now I am enjoying the boarding too much and have a long way to go, and am still learning so many new things and improving every time i go out.

G
#852 ·
new boarder here 19 years old in college park maryland.

I went snowboarding about 3 times when i was in 6th grade, broke my wrist, and quit for a year.

Came back in 8th grade and went about 4 or 5 times where I got more comfortable riding but I realize now I couldnt carve or link turns well, I mostly just turned just turned my body perpendicular to the slope and sort of hockey stopped whenever I went too fast.

Yesterday I went for my first times with my friends who are all park rats. I watched snow wolf's instructional videos and some other small things on jumping before I went out, then started carving (I am pretty sure at least...) down the blues and a black at the local mountain (ski liberty so its really not comparable to most more difficult ski resorts). Once I was comfortable I joined my friends in the park and managed to hit the butter box, ollie onto a box, handle the roll ins to the big jumps... and then avoid the big jumps, and land indies on the small jumps.

Looking forward to learning more and buying my gear after the season ends so it will hopefully be cheaper.

#854 ·
I'm new to the sport and forum too...I currently work and reside in nyc but still have lots of family and friends in ct & northern va. I go boarding mostly with friends in Va but am looking to venture out to visit a few of the mountains around nyc and eventually make my way up north to VT next season!

#856 · (Edited)
Another Snowboard.com refugee

Glad I found this place. After over three years at that pos Colonies board, I couldn't take it anymore. Some other ex Colonies member, who chose to remain anonymous, recommended this place after I dared post a question over there asking why the place was dead, and started a shitstorm of name-calling from the haters -- who seem to be the only people left over there.

So anyway, glad to be here. I hope! It sure can't be worse than that other hellhole.

BTW -- I'm from Cocoa Beach, Florida, but have lived in New England for many years now. I can't surf anymore, so I took up snowboarding about 8 years ago as the next best thing, since the ocean didn't seem to be getting any closer to central Connecticut. I ride mostly Vermont; Stowe and Jay Peak are my faves, but anywhere I can get out will do -- usually ride once or twice a week.

G
#857 · (Edited)
hello from Turkey! my name is Tolga and I am so happy to meet with awesome people from all over the world.We are located in Antalya Turkey and here you can snowboard mountain of Saklikent. We also now have started to design snowboards called monstedD.com soon you will see us in the media working with big companies :)

best regards to all,
tolga

G
#858 ·
Hi! I'm Kristin, been living in France for the past few years and started snowboarding two seasons ago in La Plagne. This forum is awesome, it's great hearing from everybody and knowing where to find great advice and info! Thanks!

#859 ·
Been trying to find a website like this for a while, but i'm from Illinois in the Chicago land area. I love snowboarding just as much as anyone. The mid west isn't exactly the best place to find snow but i make the best of it, can't wait to keeping checking out this website, looks awesome

#860 ·
just saying hello have been reading the site over the last few days gain some useful info. just desided to register. I am from the chicagoland area and just tried snowboarding or the first time last week. other than the pain the next day I must say i am addicted.

Andy

#861 ·
what's up guys. i'm matt...i wanted to start snowboarding last year and made an account on here looking for used stuff, but i didn't actually start until this season. a few weeks ago i got a new lamar intrigue for 90 dollars, and i love it. i got some lamar boots and vision bindings and it only cost 200 dollars total, so i was excited about that....so yeah, hey...what's up?

G
#864 ·
Yep, yet another ex sb.com member, finally posting on here (considering I've been a member here for 3 years). Some from sb.com may recognise my name, so hi to the ppl I know on here, & hope to chat with you all asap...

Cris

G
#873 ·
Nice to be on "board"

Hello from Ashland, Wisconsin. I'm a 40 year old mother of six...yes I'm still sane and love what little I have tried of the sport. Just starting up with my daughter:thumbsup: and am looking forward to learning all I can from this site. Nice to see there are so many helpful people who are willing to share their knowledge with us newbies. Thanks!