Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Help Selecting Board

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  CrookedMouth 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I was just wondering about what size waist can i rock on a board if my feet are size 13 riding salomon f22s? I'm 6'2 185lb I was looking at getting a NS Legacy-R or Heritage XR or possibly a GNU/Lib I prefer Free Riding and hitting the park here and there. I was looking at going as narrow as possible without getting too much toe drag.. thanks all-

#2 ·
I wear a size 12, and trust me dude...go with a WIDE. You want to be getting atleast 25+ on the waist width to fit that big boot. If you're rocking a 13, you def. need a wider stick.

There is a Stake Banana in the Wide. The Pickle comes pretty wide as is. If thats what ur lookin for.

#3 ·
Thanks uber, Ya I know I needa wider stick but with a size 13 and salomon's can I get away with a stick a little skinier like 25.5 instead of 26.5? All my other boards are 26.5+ and I don't really have a problem with them but I just wanted to see what my options were for my next board. I was looking at the pickle before I started looking at NS boards. I like that and the Rider's Choice board.. basically here's a list of the boards I was looking at.

Never Summer Legacy-R 159 or 162
Never Summer Heritage XR 159 or 163
Never Summer Revolver-R 159 or 161
GNU Rider's Choice 158 or 162
GNU Park Pickle 159
GNU Carbon Credit Series 159 or 162
Lib Tech Skate Banana 159
Lib Tech Skunk Ape 161

Most all of these are the wide versions. After looking into the boards though I think I want to order a NS, I have'nt had a chance to demo anything so I don't really know how BTX rides compared to R.C. but I think I'm leaning more towards NS. If you have other boards I should check out though for AM let me know plz. thanks.

I definetly wouldn't mind suggestions for other boards to check out though

#5 ·
The neversummer boards are really popular on here, no doubt about it. So probably a good bet.

Yes, you can get away with a 25.5 or 26 for sure. Just depends on how you are going to set up the bindings and what type of toe lift you can get on your binding base. Before you pick a board, grab the binding you want or have with your boot, strap it in, and see what the hang looks like. Nothing worst than getting a new board and digging your toe in on your first ride.

I think if you are in the 25.5-26 range, you should be alright on width. Just don't even consider going any narrower than that.

#6 ·
I was Looking at the Union Force bindings, how are they for toe lift on the base? Most of the boards I was looking at weren't below 25.5 I think. I won't have my board with my bindings though because I'll be ordering most of my stuff online. BTW is the legacy a do it all board but not really that great at anything? like jack of all trade's master of none?

#7 ·
I had the Union forces ready to go on my Elan/Artec board just this week. The L/XL size should work fine for you, but I ended up going with the Artec bindings that matched up on my stick. (Not because the Unions aren't great). However, we noticed the base didn't slide out quite as far as we would of liked, but it looked like it was going to be fine. The Unions are sweet.

Yea the Legacy is the right in between board, which lends to the style of riding I enjoy as well. Firm enough for free riding, but enough flex and pop to hit the park as well. It's a good call for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.