Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - K2 Jibpan and General Question
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
BobbyDigital

Default K2 Jibpan and General Question

I checked out the guidelines, but I'm not sure if I am moving in the right direction. I'm looking for a park board specifically for jibbing, but something where I can still hit small or eventually medium sized kickers with. I'm still trying to improve my jumps (spotting my landing, speed checks, minimizing my arm movements, etc.) and I would still consider myself a noob at it, but I wanted a board to start jibbing with. I'm currently riding a 156 Park Pickle where I mainly use it for jumps, powder, and groomed runs. Basically, I wanted a park focused board to start learning how to hit jibs with, do ground tricks, and generally something easy to mess around with (to further extend my knowledge/skill on board control).

I'm 5'9" and 165-170ish (weight). I was thinking about getting a 150 or 153 Jibpan. Would a 150 be too short? I was thinking it may be too short for hitting jumps with (board might be a bit softer and get squirrely on the landing?). My question is, which size would be ideal for the goals that I want to accomplish (assuming that I fit the weight range of the board)? What would be the incentive (advantages/disadvantages) for picking one length over the other?

Any suggestions for another board (including length) or general advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by BobbyDigital; 02-15-2010 at 03:04 AM.