Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Capita owners???

5K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Nicool333 
#1 ·
ok, ive got a indoor survival FK ive rode this season and love how it does, been perfect except for the top sheet edges are getting a beating! i mean, its chipping and ripping places about every 2 times i go riding! and im not hard on it really, never take any massive spills on rails or boxes...just wondered if anyone elses capita boards are doing this? i love the board and planned on buy another one next season, but if its going to do this, then im moving on to another brand....

#2 ·
My Horrorscope top sheet is performing as well as I could hope for... I've also got a Black Death and that thing is tough as nails.

Just make sure to epoxy the tears so they don't rip even farther...

Top sheet tears happen though bud, its a bitch, but it happens... The thing that pisses me off the most is when punk kids or skiiers slam into the back of your board and shred it up.

But ya I I would just write it up as general wear and tear as your the first person I've heard a complaint from as far as the top sheet goes

#3 ·
Could you possibly post up some pics? Most topsheet damage does not come from riding, but from the edges of other peoples boards (and skis) in the liftline, on lifts, or in the truck. We can tell you for sure if what you are seeing is unusual or is normal wear and tear.

#4 ·
Trees and park can def cause some top sheet issues...

But you're right Wired, a general sweep of top sheet flaws are caused by other peoples boards.

I guess if you're thinking it could be a manufacture defect, post some pics LT

#5 ·
some topsheets chip easier. my nitros have all been super easy to chip, my capita has chipped a bit.

you dont need to worry so much about the topsheet, but the sealer underneath. the top sheets 2 years ago on stairmasters peeled right off, and even though capita replaced em all, they were still rideable

#7 ·
My Ultrafear has been chipping and tearing at a far greater frequency than my NS SL-R and both were new before the start of the season. Actually, I don't have any chips/tears on my SL-R. Go figure...but it's only the top sheet and it's not a delamination so it doesn't bug me much.

#9 ·
thanks for the input guys, i may try to get some pics of it here soon... it just bugs me that its happening after just 1/2 a season! its just noticable chunks thats down to the white of the board...i wonder if i emailed capita about it if it would be under warranty or not?

#10 ·
Tyler does all the warranty stuff for Capita, and his email is ALWAYS full. Would likely be better of calling and you will need pictures of your issue otherwise he won't be able to help you.

And I just looked for my epoxy and can't find it in my pile of snowboard shit....

But I just went down to Ace hardware and picked up a clear epoxy that bonds with pretty much anything including plastics. You want a clear drying one unless you don't mind having black blobs all over your stick. You could also get a marine style epoxy but I don't think my bottle is and it works just fine.

Just take a razor blade and cut off any loose top sheet that's peeling where you have damage, and fill with the epoxy. Make sure to let it dry for the recommended time on the bottle. Then bam your good to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.