Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Introduce yourself

2M views 4K replies 2K participants last post by  ctoma 
#1 ·
I will start this thread.

I am 24 years old, live in Toronto Canada.

I grew up in Regina, Saskatchewan (where there is a ton of snow) so naturally i have gone both skiing and snowboarding.

I'm still a beginner snowboarder, but hope to learn lots at Snowboarding Forum :D

G
#877 ·
Hey all.

From Mass here, just started a few weeks ago, doing the rent and ride thing. I feel like I'm picking it up alright, but I end up taking some pretty bad diggers when I go from toe stall to heel. I'm on page 97, so it's cool that no one will read this, but I'm looking forward to learning a little more about being awesome at flying (instead of falling) down the trails.

Peace.

G
#879 ·
LOL...I read it too...and I am in the same boat-no worries!

I'm also from Mass, near Boston-started boarding in Jan. 09 and loved it enough to buy my own board and stuff. Still falling but getting better-rather slowly. Able to do falling leaf on toeside, still figuring out how to get stronger on heelside and finally get some consistently linked turns.

Hoping to stay on the snow well into my 60's...and where I'm 37, that'll be sooner rather than later. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

G
#881 ·
Beginner snowboarder here. I had a rather hellish time learning to board in Austria a few years ago. It was super icy, no new snow and I hurt every body part possible.

I'm going to get fitter so I can go to Canada in a year or two.
Boy friend is a super awesome boarder with a super awesome bunch of friends he goes with. I want to be part of that.

21 year old female from England!
Thanks for having me.

G
#882 ·
Yyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaa

Right here in the mid-west represent with our big ass salt hill yum yum, I knew I always tasted salt fallin on that stuff. Names David, We have decent snow here, Nothing to brag about what so ever. Our snow park isnt all that big but it is better than some I have seen in other areas I.E Chicago, Galena. (closest other "resorts") well love to board, been doin it for bout 3-4 years now. Finally growing balls to hit everything in the park (big jumps) and long railsmm mm tasty.

G
#883 ·
Hey

Hey!

26 year old, Male, Northern California snowboarder. Been snowboarding for little over one season. Got a new subaru so I got really got hooked this season and been up every weekend so far :D

Would rate myself as a beginner cause still count how many times I've been up. Got my girl to go and now shes hooked so it makes my life so much easier.

G
#884 ·
Another beginner here. I'm 22 and live in IL in the west suburbs of Chicago. I've been out snowboarding twice so far and am absolutely hooked. First time I ever went out I didn't fall getting off the lift :D. Super proud of that. I'm going to go as many times as I can before this season is over and focus on technique; I heavily welcome any tips you pros might have too! Anyway hope to see you guys on the boards :).

G
#885 ·
29 y/o rider here, originally from Norcal, been riding since the mid 90's, before that grew up ski racing. Moved to Oregon a few years ago and have taken up residence at Mt Hood Meadows. Love steep terrain and pow (but doesn't everyone?)

I've got three kids. The oldest is a ski racer (and a damn good one), the middle one is a rider, and the youngest is still too little, but she can't wait to turn 3 :)

G
#886 ·
Hello all,

Writing from Northern Montana, about 2 hrs from Whitefish Ski resort. I am 40 and used to ski when I was in my teens on a beginner level. This past weekend I took my 8 year old up to Big Mountain where she had her first two lessons. She is doing real good and figured I will try out the snowboard and see how we click. I am physically challenged but that didn't stop me from anything at all including motorcycle riding, skating or martial arts. Will be looking forward to reading about how other people with disabilities are embracing this great outdoor sport.

G
#889 ·
hello all, new here also, started boarding a little while ago. I got a burton t6 as my first board (learned why it was a mistake the hard way) but now im really starting to get some control over it....and loving it