Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Thinkin of goin Nike for boots reviews???
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
nodaysoff

I was feeling the Kaiju the very first time I tried em on....was skeptical at first so I paused on it...then ended up buying them the following day..(yeah short pause). I been riding with them for about a month now.

All Mountain rider
*Previous and only boot: Salomon Solace 09
Bindings: 09 Union Force

Boot Stiffness: I'd say 8ish/10( The Zoom Force 1 are less stiff)

Pros:
Super light (like the Nike Prestos of Snowboard Boots)
Nice tight fit- Heel pocket holds down nice, inner lace+velcro strap, and outter lace
Real low profile- I can feel every little pebble on the ground. Thats new for me
Sleek

Cons:
A bit pricey
Laces...coming from speed lace, but im getting used to it

Honestly, I'd say try em before you buy em imo. I was laughing while trying these on because the feeling of the fit was unreal to me. Then I had the Rep bring out a few pairs of different boots just to make sure I wasn't suffering from "wow" syndrome since my last pair of boots sucked and had a heel lift of size 10 feet in a 11 shoe. So I tried the RIDE Ful, Burton Jeremy, and some others that I cant remember. They were all good boots, but the feel just wasn't there.

Some may disagree but I think Nike did a good job. Im looking forward to see what they drop next. Hope this helps