Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Whats everyone's stance?

5K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  SnowtoriousBIG 
G
#1 ·
Just wondering what everyones stance is set at? And what type of riding do you do, park/pipe/all mountain etc..??

#2 ·
Odd man out...

20+ years riding full time in all conditions pow to pipe but not on rails. 30* 15* positive at 23" wide. Centered even on a directional board.
A forward stance allows you to project your hip and weight into a healside turn. It does NOT inhibit your ability to ride switch, once you learn to use the upper and lower body separately.
I have ridden duck and I've ridden plenty of rocker boards. It may be fun but... I prefer a camber board and the stance I ride so that I can have power over my edges. Pulling g-forces is what turns my crank.

#3 ·
I know you've been riding a lot longer than I have Suburban, but I have to disagree. Though I also liked riding with a forward stance because aggressive riding is more fun, I'd say that it does inhibit switch riding. My forward ankle killed after a couple of switch runs. Changing to a 27/-6 duck stance was like night and day. It didn't make switch riding any easier/more natural, but it was a helluva lot less painful.

#5 ·
I ride a 21.25" width and 18/12

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.