Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Older k2 darkstar question .
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 02:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
burnnxs

Default Older k2 darkstar question .

Hi

I'm new to snowboarding and have only hit up the resorts here in Utah twice just this month. I really dig it. I have been borrowing an older k2 Darkstar from a friend. He offered to sell it for $70 with 08' Burton freestyle bindings, which have only been used 3 times.

The board feels good. I can link turns okay, although it's harder to turn heel side sharp, like I can toe side. I figure it's because I have no experience. Lol. I can brake very well , flat board ok...
The board is a 157 older k2 Darkstar.
I also own an old Burton floater. I can't remember the size, but it's up there. (159-160's?)

I ride goofy, I'm 5'9, 165 lbs, and I wear 10.5 Burton boots. What do you think of this setup for me ?
From what I have been reading, I think I want a 154 rocker style board, but maybe a little down the road.

Can anyone help me identify the board's age or in finding old reviews for the K2?

On the top of the board, it's flat black, has a k2 logo engraving on the rear half, Darkstar lettering in light gray with a red Anarchy circling the A, and a graphity looking circle with a gas masked looking dude outlined in gray.
On the belly of the board, it's all black with orange big blood-like drips on the middle upper half.