Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Park Board: K2 Parkstar or Gnu Park Pickle?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
stimyg

Default Park Board: K2 Parkstar or Gnu Park Pickle?

I've been riding for a few solid years now, but have just started in the park - and I like it. I'm looking for a park specific board. I'm 5'7", 154lbs, currently riding a a Burton Custom 156 and mens size 6.5 salomon boot. I ride almost exclusively out East.

I'm looking for something that's good on rails, jumps, etc. Obviously.

I've narrowed it down to the K2 Parkstar and the GNU Park Pickle, based solely on reading about them. (Don't think I'll get to demo either.)

From what I gather, the Parkstar might be a little soft on the jumps whereas the Pickle might be better in that department? And maybe vice versa for the rails? Is that true at all or am I making that up?

One specific question I have: does the Pickle's magnetraction hurt you on the rails? Is it rail-grabby, at all?

As for my skill level, I just started in the park this year. Pretty comfortable on rails 50/50, just learning to board slide. Jumps I'm still working on popping and just getting decent air. Hopefully the board will help in all departments...

Thoughts?