Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Wrecked Hard - Rant...
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Bones
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowHound View Post
inst it bad form (I guess I want to say rude) for someone to take up the whole run or most of it when the hill is packed with people? If I did that I would think I would be causing a hazard making a whole lot of people to have to avoid me making a dangerous situation.
I share your frustration, but there's a lot of people out there who are not great on the slopes. I'd much rather see them taking their time and controlling their speed than becoming unguided missiles. In a perfect world, they'd make slow perdictable turns, but if they could do that, they wouldn't be newbies. Newbies are going to be erratic, I'd just rather that they'd be slow and erratic than fast and out of control.

That said, if they aren't newbies...then they should moving according to conditions: not bombing crowded pitches, not taking up the whole run, etc. If an experienced person is out on a jam packed Saturday, well....too bad, you don't get to practice your high speed super G turns.

Last edited by Bones; 02-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote