Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

can't decide between k2 parkstar , capita ,jibpan

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  burnnxs 
G
#1 ·
I'm 5.8 165lb.
what do you all think would be a better all around board? also what size 152 or 149?

I'm not buying anything until season ends, maybe I could find used boards or better price on a new one, I have a boner for the k2 park star and have found it around for $300 new.The board Sounds great for all around and I wanna start getting more in to learning tricks. but be able to hang around all around as well.
Capita style is SICKy,but don't know much about them.
Jibpan sounds fun but the thruth is I don't know squat about boards, I just started hitting up the resort,It's not a cheap sport, used to hit hills here and there in the past.

I'm trying to put more time into it but want a better weapon. what you think ?

#3 · (Edited)
First the size. I'm kinda your size (5.10 150lb) and a 149 for 152 or all around is small. A 154-156 would be good. A 154 for more park, 155 for everything and 156 for more freeride. You have to be more specific on what you ride more. Freeriding, park, rails etc.

I don't know anything about K2 (nver ridden one) or a Jibpan. As for Capita, a all around good mountain board would be a Indoor FK(flat kick,more information on there site) or with FK, Green Machine, or even Stairmaster or Stairmaster Extreme. Also, look into Burton, they have some great all around boards. The Joystick, Custom, Custom V-Rocker, Easy Living Flying-V,Easy Living. Also, check out Nitro. Never ridden one but heard they have some great all around boards too.

G
#6 ·
If I go for a " rocker " board I read that I could get a board 2 cm shorter than normal . How's the work ?
I want to go for the smallest board that will work for me, because I don't care much about flying down the hill.
One inch or 2.5 cm is not that much diff, is it in a board ?
I'm thinking a Capita rocker style board because I dig the graph and the price... maybe a 152sierra scope huh? just like one of the members laid out. Sounds ill but I got so many things going it's almost impossible for me to pick one up before they completely run out of stock. bummer!

So 152 sounds fine by me. what do you think ? what will be the gain by going for a 154?
I also wear 10.5 boots. is that a decisive point on over all size ?

#7 ·
well i ride a 151 at about 135 pounds and it seems like the size for a mostly park with still managing resort powder and runs flex, the board itself is the horrorscope is pretty flexy so i decided to size up to compensate. The longer the board the stiff the flex it will be. The problem is if you get too small of a board your gonna end up sacrificing stability on jumps landings, regular riding and pow. if you have no interest in these things then you could defentetly size down if you want a flexy lighter board. i would say that a 152 sierrascope/indoor would be what you want for rails/boxes>jumps and the 154 for rails/boxes=(ish)to jumps. 154 is still a bit small for your weight and i think it would be the size you want,

#8 ·
152 sierrascope would be perfect for you. im 160 and was inbetween the 156 and 152, ended up goin with the 156 but some days i wish i had the 152. unless you are going off the biggest jumps at the mtn you should be fine on a 152. youll like the ease of throwing it around whereever and whenever you want. i havent ridden a parkstar so i cant say anything bad about it but if you are wanting to step your game up, the sierrascope is most def gonna help you do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.