Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Comparing the Burton Custom and Burton Custom Twin??
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Confused Chimp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Comparing the Burton Custom and Burton Custom Twin??

Hi All,
I'm just looking for some advice, preferably from people who've ridden both boards if possible.
I'm trying to choose my first board. I've been riding for a few years now and want to get a board. I demoed quite a few boards last year to try and decide and it came down to the Burton Custom and the Jones Mountain Twin. Unfortunately I ran out of money and couldn't buy one. However at that time I'd decided on the Burton Custom 163cm, as I currently weigh 84kg without clothing and gear. I usually wear a backpack with cameras batteries etc. food/water. So add a couple of kilos on for that.
Riding I currently like a bit of everything. Mostly I ride the piste, but starting to play a little on small kickers. But I also want to be able to hire a guide and go off piste. So in essence I'm looking at all mountain. I want something I can do absolutely everything on. From piste, to tricks and park to off piste, the lot. As for my level on piste I'm happy on Reds and progressing onto riding blacks now. I haven't yet done anything off piste and very basic stuff when it comes to park, the smallest jumps etc. I'm just starting to learn to ride switch.
I'm a size 9.5 boot (I have the K2 Darko - the only boots I found that fit me.)
I've ordered the Burton Cartel Bindings.
What I don't know is how the Custom Twin will feel compared to the custom. Also they only go up to 160cm on the Custom Twin which is rated 70-88kg, so I'm right at the higher end of the weight range. Where as the Custom 163cm obviously I'm right in the middle of the range 75-93kg.
When it comes to camber I like the standard camber, I tried Flying V, I've tried banana and a few others and didn't like anything as much as the original camber.
So just looking to get peoples input, who hopefully have ridden both? Is the twin going to feel much different in ride compared to the custom? Will the length of the twin be an issue?
Any help appreciated.
CC