Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner Wanting Bindings That Are Easy To Get In And Out Of?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
You might want to stay away from k2 autos and ride contrabands. They are tricky to setup properly, and sometimes to get in/out of. Faster ratcheting, but barely. Look into the k2 cinch and gnu fastec binders.
2011 K2 Autos are nice. They changed the notorious toe strap system. I actually liked the 2011.

As for Nitranes/Contrabands... Let's not recommend a binding that is notoriously hard to set up along with boot compatibility issues for beginners. Put it this way, at the 2011 test fest, the Ride reps couldn't set my co-worker up on the Contrabands. They fiddled and fiddled with it for a good 15 minutes. I finally told them to stop messing with that crap and give him the Deltas. Ride's own reps can't effin set them up properly.

K2 Cinches or Flows all the way for speed entry bindings.

Flow: M9, M11, anything NXT is good. Even better are the 2010 SE editions of those bindings. Get at least a 2009 Flow and your setup will be a breeze.