Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

How often do you have to purchase boots?

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  DipMeInLsd 
G
#1 ·
What is the average life span of a boot for someone who maybe makes it up to the resort 30 to 50 times a year? I am all of the sudden worried that once I get into this I will have to shell out $$$ for new boots every year.

#2 ·
I get about 2 1/2 seasons out of a pair. averaging about 45-50 days a season. Somewhere after 100 days is where I expect the clock to really start ticking on the life span of the boot.

You should probably mark your days on a calendar to see how many you are putting in. When I say 100 days I do mean 100 full days. Not going for a few hours, but all day beat on your gear riding.

When your boots are all packed out, mushy, and your feet hurt as soon as you put your binders on, it's time for a new pair.

G
#8 ·
This is good to hear. Im looking for boots too and was scared that I would have to buy new ones fast. I only board about 30 days a season unfortuanatly. so hopefully they will last a while.

#11 ·
if you have 32s... then probably 32 days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.