Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #441 (permalink)
K1tt3n5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Not true in all situations. Black ice 99.9% of the time is unseen. This is worse in snow since the bottom ice is covered by soft snow on top. I can't tell you how many people I see in their "invincible AWD" cars driving like they own the road in these conditions. Next thing you know, they have to start braking their vehicle because someone else slides in front of them or cuts them off because they weren't paying attention to blind spots while switching lanes. Braking in snow doesn't mean that the driver is bad. What's bad is a driver that thinks they have an end-all do-all vehicle. There are just too many other variables in snowy/icy conditions. The only safe way to drive, no matter your vehicle, is to get good tires and drive like an 80 year old grandma. At that speed, 2wd is sufficient.

Of course the game changes when you are on a wide open road. Then the 4WD can be really fun in those conditions. Especially a Soob.
Most people can't comprehend that awd truly only helps with turning and accelerating all cars have four wheel braking. That being said I can usually save an awd car in a slide it just takes balls to lay into it instead of slamming on the brakes.