Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heel lift = sore toes?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
lonestarrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaskar23 View Post
So let me try and explain

When riding casual ie not really pushing on the turns my toes are fine, however as soon as I try and push my turns and really dig in the edge I get sore toes. I do notice my heel lifts when being aggressive so is that the reason for sore toes or could it be something else?

I am only a beginner snowboarder but have wakeboarded for years and have never felt anything like this although I get no heel lift when wakeboarding so thought that may be part the problem.

Any help or suggestions welcome
Ghostrider hit the nail on the head. The problem could be the result of to much motion in your foot. If you have a natural tendency to over pronate. This can cause some serious toe bang if you don't stabilize your foot properly inside the boot. Try some superfeet that may help you out. As for the heel lift. Your ankle joint is the highest point of leverage on your body. I could hold your ankle down with all my body weight and you would still be able to lift your heel up off of the ground. Try raising your toes inside the boot when you are making turns. This will keep pivoting on the ball of your foot, instead of rocking all the up on to your toes. This ultimately keep your heel seatd in the back of the boot....
lonestarrider is offline   Reply With Quote