Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

board repair

987 views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  fredericp64 
G
#1 ·
Hi guys, just got my brand new Custom V-Rocker and off to the mountains...

So I was almost in front of the lift when a stupid f******* skier crashes on to me with you cant imagine the speed...Talk about luck..

Anyways if you see the pictures you will understand what I am talking about and also my frustration..

Any help appreciated..Can something be done? It's a pity because a whole piece of plastic is missing and the wood has come out..The white scratch is just cosmetic but the other one affects the edge..But even if it is just cosmetic again you can imagine my frustration since I just have the board for like two days..And if it was in my hand and dont got skiers flying on me this board would never have touched anything across her life span..

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
That sucks. I would have been tempted to punch the asshole.

I cant help, but I know there are a few people on this site very skilled at board maintenance/repair, someone will hopefully help you out.

#4 ·
That looks to be just topsheet damage, everything else is fine right?

If that's the case, just follow this :

1. Sand down any pointy parts that are sticking out.(not needed in your case just apply epoxy right away)
2. Marine grade 2 part epoxy (8$ home depot, k-mart wtv) - will last you like 50+ repairs.
3. Apply epoxy, have beer, wait 2-3 days.
4. File down excess with metal file and/or 180 grit sandpaper.
5. GO RIDE

Those things will really happen all the time, better off learning how to fix it yourself.

#6 ·
No prob man you're welcome!!

Use a toothpick to apply the epoxy to your board, it makes for a clean job.

btw if you can't find the color you want (black I would assume), I just took some gray epoxy and colored it with a permanent black marker. Looks surprisingly good since a marker has some gloss to it and so does a snowboard top sheet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.