Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Board Should i buy??
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
CoopersTroopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarCervantes View Post
okay so if there are no good boards for 100... what would be a cheap good board? and how much would it cost? I am a begginer but i would go to Big Bear a couple times in the season with my friends
You can find decent beginner stuff if you wade through all of the season end sales that are starting up about now. How beginner are you?

I would recommend renting first just to see if you even like the feel of snowboarding. That being said, from personal experience as a recent convert to snowboarding after a few failed attempts over the years, I personally have found some of the milder rocker boards have really made my progression easier. I got a 2010 K2 Fuse (Brigade with different graphics) for about $100 Cdn at a store closing early in the season (was $250, then marked down to $200, then 50% off). It has a fairly mild rocker, so edges don't catch as much as when I borrowed/rented (presumably all regularly cambered boards). It might not be as cool as all of the smaller label brands, but better on the trails enjoying myself than sitting on my ass with a pretty stick. Most quality brands (even big ones) have good starter decks. I avoid many of the smaller brands you find in big box stores just on quality concerns.

FYI, K2 actually makes Ride (love them, great products as well as K2), as well as 5150 and Morrow. The latter two are their lower end product lines; less technology, not as well made, but pretty affordable. The Good Ride actually has the 5150 Convert as one of their top picks for a beginner board. It's nothing earth shattering, but it will get you on riding.

If you're going for a full set up, spend the money on good, comfortable boots first, then nice, supportive bindings. Your board is really the least of your worries initially.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote