Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What Board Should i buy??
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
CoopersTroopers

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgarCervantes View Post
Thank you very much CoopersTroopers for the information and you see the reason why i dont want to rent is because i like playing any sport or doing anything that is outdoors!!! and since i dont have much money that 60 dollars that i will pay for renting maybe i can buy some goggles instead u know... but yea ill see, im looking for local shops now and since the season is almost over maybe i can find some deals
Agreed re: renting. You can pretty easily justify the cost of owning your own equipment in one season if you go like 5 times. Plus there is the added advantage of it being YOUR gear, so you can continuously tweak it to your riding style. I always found that first run or two on rentals was spent just trying to figure out if I was comfortable or not.

That and rental boots is a crap shoot of spreading germs and disease that's worse than bowling shoes (I'm assuming people's feet don't sweat as much bowling as they do boarding). Gross.
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote